Friday, September 11, 2009

Ryver!


Ryver has had a pretty eventful couple weeks. A couple of weeks ago he had his first dentist appointment. YIKES! It was with Dr. Mauseth who I work with at the surgery center. I LOVE him. He is so good with kids and with the parents. All week I was trying to prep Ryver about opening up really big so we could see his teeth and all that jazz. Of course he would do it for me. Once we got out of the car at the office, Ryver know something was up. He kept pulling me towards the door and saying "Go MaMa, Go MaMa". He relaxed when we got inside because there is a large toy house and slide right in the front. He played and had fun, and then his name was called. He didn't cooperate with anything the tech wanted to do. Ryver wouldn't even sit on the chair/bed that they had there, even with me sitting there with him. Then Dr. Mauseth came in and Ryver stopped fussing and just sat there and looked at him. The Dr. talked to him a little bit but was talking with me about his brushing habits and what not. Then believe it or not Ryver actually let him examine and look at his mouth and teeth. Ryver sat in my lap with his legs wrapped around me and then he laid his head back into Dr. Mauseth's lap. It worked really well. I wouldn't say Ryver liked it but there was no kicking, screaming, biting, or spitting so I felt like he did great. He's got good looking teeth, and we were told to not worry about the thumb sucking, yet! I'm afrain yet is the key word! The best part was Ryver got 2 new tooth brushes. One even lights up for 1 minute so me know how long to brush. This is the one that Mom uses to help him! So glad the appointment went better than I though it was going to go.

A couple of Friday's ago Ryver went for his 2 year old check-up. Yes, I know it's a few months late but better late than never. Once again he kept trying to go out the door, forget me, he just wanted out. When the nurse tried to weight and measure him he was not a happy camper. I kept bribing him with going to Aunt Dawn's after he was done if he let Dr. Lofgran listen to his tummy, heart, and lungs. Ryver let me read him a book and he was calm again by the time the Dr. came in the room. Once again Ryver totally surprised me. He sat there perfectly still and quiet and let him do his exam. That part went really good. He is 32 pounds and 37 inches tall. Which makes him in the 82% in weight and 94% in height! Big solid BOY!!!

After we left the Doctor's office we had to go to the hospital for some lab draws. I guess routine draws for a 2 year check-up, to get a baseline. Once again Ryver totally out did himself this time. The hospital lab was out of butterfly needles, don't ask me how a they could be out but that's another can of worms, so they had to use a regular large needle. I've had both and the large one hurts quite a bit more. I felt bad for Ryver boy, but he didn't even cry. Of course we were holding him down but he didn't even flinch when they put the needle in. He was a slow bleeder so the needle was in there for what seemed forever but he never moved. He is such a tough guy. I remember when he was a newborn and they were running a bunch of labs because of his rapid respiration's, he never cried than neither. So thankful for our tough little boy and all the fun he brings to the household. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ryver has also gone for a hearing test and speech evaluation. I knew he didn't have a hearing problem. He passed with flying colors. The speech eval was 45 minutes long and he didn't say a word the whole time! Maybe tomorrow will go better. We just need a little help! I love Ryver so much. I've seen a couple of little kids get diagnosed with cancer and am so thankful for the healthy kiddo I have. He is such a blessing to have and brings so much joy into our family. I can't imagine life without the rascal.

No comments:

Post a Comment