The 24th of July will always have a special place in my heart. I can't believe I just said that, a special place. That just doesn't sound like me, but it will. Growing up the 24th was one of the first times you might have seen some of your friends from school that maybe weren't in you ward or lived outside of Bancroft. It kind-of started the ending process of summer if that makes any sense at all. The town doubles or maybe you could say triples overnight for one day. There is the parade and then the booths on main street. There is a DUP program at the church, which I never have gone to. I think they still have the foot races at the football field. Last but not least the rodeo. It's mainly local cowboys and cowgirls that are in but still holds lot of memories. In the afternoon we have good food, good company, and a good time at my parents house.
I think the best part of this years 24th of July was seeing one of best friends from school for the first time since Scott and I got married. Robynn Redford now Robynn Slade was home from Arizona for a reunion. It's amazing how you can still be best of friends after all that time not seeing each other and not talking that much either. But, there was never a lack in conversation and it felt like old times. Instead of talking about sports and boys, we talked about our kids. O, how times have changed.
Frankie did quite well for herself. She knows what candy is and how to get it.
Dawn, Frankie, Grandma Sherry, and Taby taking a break from the collecting of candy.
Scott and Ryver with their yearly snow cones.
Scott, Ryver, and Myself!
The cotton candy didn't last very long. It didn't last because he didn't like his fingers being sticky. Surprise, Surprise!
Ryver finally got over one of his fears, Grandpa Gordon's horses. He really did it. He talked all week about the horses and how he was going to ride them. Scott and I looked at each other and both though, "Ya right, we've heard that before!" In the afternoon Grandpa got a couple horses saddled and ready to go. Ryver was hesitant at first but he did really good. He had one arm up like a saddle bronc rider. The only thing missing is his cowboy boots, hat, and his gloves. Glad he didn't think of that! Thanks Grandpa for doing your Grandpa duties!
Real Cowboys!
See the one arm up!
Here is Grandpa playing along with Ryver's little game.
Look at that Ryver is evening touching Dominic.
Come on Scott don't look so excited.
Only 5 months left and you will be caught up on your blogging!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Cody always looks like that in pictures too, it's a husband thing I'm pretty sure.