Saturday, April 21, 2012

Portia's Dance



Portia had a dance competition in Nampa one weekend in April, so we made a mini-vacation out of it.  Scott and Kathy came for some of the weekend as well.  Grandpa Scott was able to get us a railroad deal on a hotel.  Ryver was probably the most excited about this.  O, to be young again!  It doesn't take much to get him excited.

Portia and her team danced at the Nampa Civic Center to the song RIO.  As you can tell in the pictures she was all costumed up and had her makeup on as well.  The team did great and placed first in their division and made it to Nationals for the dance.  Portia really enjoys dancing and has done it for I think 3 or maybe 4 years now.  She told me she wanted to do it until she graduated.  I guess time will tell. 

After she danced we went to lunch.  Lunch wasn't just with our family it was with Portia's Mom, boyfriend and his parents.  Can you say AWKWARD!!!  No, it actually wasn't to horrible.  It wasn't too bad.  Ryver and Portia sat by each other and kept the whole table entertained.
Picture by Ryver!
The swimming pool was the highlight for Ryver.  It was the first time for Myka to be in the water and she loved it as well.  The hotel had goggles there to play with.  Ryver insisted on my wearing them. They were so extremely tight on me.  It was crazy.  While we were in the pool, I was so happy. We were together as a family and having tons of fun.  I guess you could say I got the warm fuzzy feeling.  I love our little family and I love the fact that we will be together always and forever.


Look at those BLUE eyes...LOVE them!


Grandma Kathy and Myka





 



That night after saying goodbye to Portia we went back to the hotel, swam, and ordered PIZZA!!! It was so simple and so fun. Our sweet baby, Myka Jane slept through the fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment