Monday, December 12, 2011

Myka-2 weeks old


It's amazing how fast 2 weeks goes by. Myka has been such a good baby so far. She goes four sometimes five hours in between eating. I only wake up once a night to nurse her. The main difference between Ryver and Myka has been their eating. Myka only eats maybe 3-5 minutes on each side and goes a long time in between eating. She's just like her Mom...she doesn't know when to stop eating. She loves to suck so much she just goes and goes and goes. Then she throws half of what she eats up. I have learned I have to stop feeding her at least by the 5 minute mark. That has been working wonders for all involved, and she is still content.

At 2 weeks of age she is staring to relax her hands. They aren't balled up in fists constantly. She is grasping things like my finger. I love that. She's having at least 2 blow outs a day. I swear I've used more spray n' wash than I ever did with Ryver. It's nice not to get peed on though! Myka still hasn't lost her yucky belly button. Mom's getting impatient and wants to give her a real bath. Everyday that goes by makes me love her even more!

I wanted to document a few things about this pregnancy. I never had morning sickness. I was just really tired at night. If I could stay up past 9:30 without falling asleep it was a miracle. I had heart burn starting at about 2 months. It was horrible. By the time I was 36 weeks pregnant, TUMS wasn't  cutting it. I finally started on OTC omeprazole. How glorious that was. I worked right up until I delivered, and never missed a day of work. I carried Myka very high. I was short of breath a lot. It sounded like sometimes I had run a 5K while giving discharge instructions to patients. I never did have to wear maternity pants. I don't know if that's something to be proud of or not! The only thing I craved was MILK!!! It wasn't uncommon for me to drink one gallon of milk in 3 days by myself. I loved it. All in all it was a great pregnancy. I feel very lucky and fortunate.

Here are Myka's measurements at 2 weeks-Weight 9.2 pounds=77% percentile
                                                                      Height 21 inches=76% percentile
                                                                      Head Circ 15 inches=90% percentile

Thanks goes out to Shalee Brown for doing newborn pictures of Myka. They are actually 2 week pictures. They turned out great. Thanks Shalee. I totally recommend her. www.snapshotsbyshalee.blogspot.com
Myka was not fond of being naked for pictures. I hope that means I won't have to worry about her not being modest.



1 comment: