Friday, December 23, 2011

~Eve before Christmas Eve~

The night before Christmas Eve we went to Bancroft. There is a community program this has been going on ever since I can remember. People gather at the church, there is a short program, and then there is a special visit with Santa. This was always one of the traditions that my family did every year. I still think it's fun to attend the party in Bancroft no matter how old I am!

This year the Primary kids put on the nativity story. Ryver wanted to go up and help, I was shocked, he wanted to go up not really knowing anybody, but he did. He was one of the Shepard's. He lasted up on stage for about 20 minutes and then got tired and came back down. He sat on my lap and said, "I thought Santa was coming tonight." We really do try and teach the true meaning of Christmas,. I promise.

Of course Santa did come to visit after singing a few Christmas songs. All the kids sat on his lap and spilled their guts about what they wanted. Ryver told Santa he wanted a shovel and a ladder. This was the first I'd heard about this. He told Santa he wanted the shovel to move snow. That's our boy!!!



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how excited Ryver looked to be a shepherd ;). Love the pics of your kids with Santa, so cute

    ReplyDelete