Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine's Day....what can I say? It's not my favorite holiday by any stretch of the imagination. One of the main things I remember about this holiday is being younger and finding something on my chair before breakfast. We always got a little treat from Mom and Dad every year. Other than that the holiday doesn't really have meaning to me. It's just a commercialized holiday to prove your love to somebody.

This year did soften  my heart, I have to admit that. To carry on the tradition that I  knew growing up, I got Ryver and Myka balloons. Ryver couldn't have been happier, of course Myka could have cared less! I gave Scott a big old kiss before work and went on my way. It was about 8:15 in the morning. We weren't busy yet. Bree comes walking into PACU with a vase of gorgeous flowers. I just assumed they were for Camille and turned to look at her. Bree said, "No, Raini these are for you." I was so stinking shocked. I said no way they can't be. In my head I thought to myself, "Wow, I can't believe my parents sent these." I grabbed the card and almost fell over dead! They were from my sweet husband SCOTT!!! This is only the second time I've ever gotten flowers from him. I was smiling ear to ear and was so over joyed. Thank you SCOTT HAYDEN...I love you, too!!!


Thanks Ryver for the picture! (I still look prego in this picture.)
Here is Myka and her balloons. It appears as though she doesn't like Valentine's day either!


Scott and I do have a tradition of eating Oreo's in bed with milk. This too is romantic as well, right. They really do taste better in bed and on Valentine's Day than on any other day.





1 comment:

  1. Oreo's in bed?? You guys are funny and yeah for Myka!!! She is going to be in my anti-Valentine's Day club with me

    ReplyDelete