Once again I'm trying to make Grandma Elsie's sugar cookie recipe. They just never turn out like hers or my mom's. This time I actually called my Mom on the phone and she literally walked me through the flour part. I know it sounds retarded but it totally worked. I was mixing all the flour in with my mixer, and Mom told me to knead the last 4 cups by hand. It made all the difference. Thanks Mom. We'll have to see if I can do it on my own come Christmas time!
Ryver decided he wanted to help me mix the flour in by hand.
Ryver spent close to 2 hours just playing with his small amount of dough I gave him. He would roll it out with a glass a gave him and use his cookie cutters to make shapes.
Below is Ryver's 3 cookies. He requested no frosting on them. I promise I didn't take this to anybody. After his grimy hands played with the dough for 2 hours, I figured they were only safe for his mouth!
Here is the finished product that I shared with work and some neighbors.
No comments:
Post a Comment