Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Carving of the Pumpkins



It is sad to say but this is the first year we have ever actually carved pumpkins with Ryver. Yes, I know he is 4 years old. What terrible parents we are, right. It is what it is. We all picked our own pumpkins out and the design we wanted to carve out. We ran into trouble just trying to cut the lids out. Ryver and I's pumpkin had the toughest skin ever. Scott cut all the tops off and I scooped out the guts. Ryver started freaking out when he saw my hand in the gooey mess. He kept telling me to stop because my hand was going to get dirty. I had to keep reassuring him it would wash off. He obviously didn't even try to clean his out.

Trying to carve the designs in Ryver and I's was a joke. The skin was so hard that there was no way Ryver could do his. He was devastated. I called Dawn to see if she had a small one from her garden we could have. She did, but it was green. At this point it didn't matter. Ryver didn't care either. I got the markers out and gave him a little saw/knife and he just mutilated and decorated his pumpkin while we struggled. It took allll night to finish them. I think it took between 3-4 hours. As you can see Scott got out his drill out to speed things up. He was able to carve his pumpkin in like 5 minutes. Next year, Scott is picking out all the pumpkins.

Getting all the GUTS out! YUCK!



Notice there is still sunlight outside! This was just the beginning.


Scott actually finished mine. I was losing patience really fast. I was so irritated and actually mad. Thanks Scott!


Ryver is happy as a lark now that he has his little green pumpkin.



Thank heavens for power tools!


The finished product!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some SWEET looking pumpkins! No wonder it took you so long! Good job.

    ReplyDelete