Monday, August 1, 2011

Island Park with the Yost's 2011


I guess the title should actually read...Island Park with the Green's. This is their yearly vacation that we all crashed this year. I've been up there with the kids a couple of years but this was the first year for Scott. It is truly amazing up there. They camp right by the river and we often see moose or deer in the river. There are huckleberry's to be picked, dirt to be played in, and the yummy dutch oven experiments from Jeremy and Dawn. Tubing down the Henry Fork river also is a must as well.

Most of the family was there. Misty, Mike, Levi, and Kate came down from Montana. Of course you have the Green family. Mom and Dad came. Scott, Portia, Ryver, and I made the trip as well. On Sunday Aunt Carol, Gene, and Sara's 2 girls came to have dinner with us. Fun times it was, for the most part!

The weather this year didn't quite cooperate as well though. I think it rained more than half of the time. When you are tent camping that's not very much fun. The mud, cold, and everything being wet just sucks! Also, after the first night my back did something crazy and I couldn't walk, sit, stand, and could barely lay down. It was a pretty rough camping trip. I guess that is what memories are made from. Even if the memories aren't all peaches and cream. The motto we came up with is..."A Family That Plays Together Stays Together."

We all went to John Sack's Log Cabin. That was pretty cool, we also looked over the bridge where you could feed the fish. We chose to just look at the fish.
All the cousins looking at or I should say looking for the fish. I kept waiting for one of them to fall in. I would have laughed so hard. The water wasn't deep so they would have survived.

My Dad, who looks like he is having way too much fun, Dawn, and Frankie.

Ryver being Mr Cool and Mr. Grumpy pants.

So much for a family picture. Ryver was being Mr. Grumpy pants and wouldn't look at the camera. I look fat, pregnant, and miserable. I think I look like I have a stick up my you know what. That's what I felt like trying to walk. O, the memories.

Rafting down Henry's Fork. I didn't make the trip because I couldn't walk by this time. Thanks to Grandma Sherry for taking Ryver in her boat.


Portia making a survival bracelet made from parachute rope.

Mike and Misty put on the famous Foster chicken fry, and Jeremy made his yummy dutch oven potatoes. Such great food we did have.

Grandpa and one of his favorite girl's Tabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment