Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sledding with the Yost Family


For the first time in two years my whole family was able to get together for a weekend and play in the snow. Kera and her family from Boise, Misty and clan from Montana, and Dawn and I's family traveled clear from Rigby! Mom and Dad's house was the happening place. A few of us slept out in the campers in my Dad's heated shed. He calls it heated anyway. It was a great time. It couldn't have been a better day with blue beauful skies. We didn't have to go far from home, we used the hill right behind and over from our house. The snow wasn't the best to get good speed but the kids didn't care. I hope to be able to keep this as a tradition. The older everybody's kids get the harder it's going to be to work around schedules, but we can try.

Ryver decided he didn't want to miss his daily nap so took it upon himself to lay down and take a short cat nap. I love this kid!


We cooked hotdogs on a fire with sticks my Dad whittled while he was fishing. The problem was getting a fire started. My Dad tried for quite sometime before my Mom and Scott took it over. They did well, considering Scott fell in and covered their first fire with a bunch of snow. There's is nothing better then a hotdog roatesd over a fire.










1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you left a comment on my blog so I remember to check yours! I'm going right now to put you on my sidebar list so I don't forget to check yours! Did you just post these or has it really been that long since I checked? This makes me miss you - a lot! Maybe I shouldn't check your blog! What a fun family outing. And fun trip to tag along with Scott on. Love the powdered dohnut treat picture!

    ReplyDelete