Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving with the YOST!

This Thanksgiving was extra awesome. The YOST side of the family came to Bancroft and we had lunch at the school and spent time visiting while the kids went crazy in the gym. It was also the first time in almost 2 years all of my sisters and their families have all been together. Everybody was there except Spencer, darn that wrestling practice! The food assignments were divided up among the families and we had plenty for all. We waited to eat for my Dad. He was in charge of one of the turkeys. He decided to try something new. He cooked the turkey on top of a coke can, in a garbage can with coles. Sounds crazy, right. I thought he was crazy for making us all be his guinea pigs. It was actually really yummy.

All the cousins weren't there, but it was great to see the family that was able to make it. It was even better to show Scott around good old North Gem High school. He just kept shaking his head in disbelief, K-12 under one roof. I loved it.

I was especially excited that I made an appearance. I told myself and this baby, it couldn't come out until after Thanksgiving. "It" listened!

There are a lot of pictures down below that I hope my kids will appreciate someday. It's my simple way of adding a little genealogy to the blog and my blog book.

My Dad's brothers and only sister. My Uncle Monte, Dad, Aunt Cindy, and Uncle Kent. Uncle Lyle passed away of colon cancer 3 years ago. Him and his family were missed this Thanksgiving.

Aunt Cindy and Uncle Rod with Mitch and Austin and their wife's. We missed you Talon.

My family minus a few people. Mike and the kids had already left to go to Rigby, so they missed out on family pictures.

Uncle Kent, Aunt Emily, Amanda and Amy with their husbands a kids.

Uncle Monte, Aunt Shaunna, Tanya, Loren and their families.


Most of the whole YOST family clan. We did have quite a few missing. It was great to see everybody again.

Aunt Shaunna who spear headed the whole thing. Thanks!

Aunt Emily, Amanda, and Amy's baby-Kent.

Amanda and baby Kent

Ron and Amy

Kera and Aunt Cindy

Austin, Dad, Uncle Monte, and Uncle Rod. Uncle Rod trying to talk them into going to Europe with him. I volunteered to go if "The Money Man" would pay my way. How do you think that went over. "The Money Man" is my Uncle Rod. That's what I used to call him when I lived with them while going to nursing school.

Steve, Shane, Amanda, Mitch, and Trissy.

Ivy and myself. This is Tanya's youngest. She just warmed right up to me and followed me around all day. It was quite sweet.

Tanya and Ivy.

Loren and his oldest Taylor

Chole, Maddi, Bailey, Lauren

Ryver with his half eaten plate of food. He was too excited to go play on the turtles!

Scott with one of his excited faces!

The parachute was a hit. I think Cody, who works at the school and is a coach, was a nervous nelly all day. He hoped that nothing got broken or destroyed!

Ryver on one of the "turtles". That is what we used to call them growing up. He was about to run into the wall so he just bailed up face first. He had a fat lip and a loose front tooth after it was all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment