Saturday, September 25, 2010

~Boise Vacation~


Scott and I have been trying to make a tradition of going to a Boise State game since we met. We did miss a year because of having Ryver and just living away from babysitters. This year was extra awesome for a couple of reasons. We left Ryver at Grandma Sherry's, so we were without child for the first time overnight in over three years. Wahoo!!! The other reason was the St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration was this weekend. We were going to kill two birds with one stone. We had a full weekend ahead of us.

Scott left work at noon on that Friday and we met my Mom in Poky to drop Ryver off. He was so excited. He kept telling me he was going to Grandma's... "I'm going to Grandma Sherry's by myself. Not you, not Daddy, just me. Right Mom." I'm glad he was excited because it made it easier to leave. We went and did a little shopping on Friday night, dinner, and checked into the hotel. I always love staying in a hotel. And this was a really nice, clean, hotel for the price we paid it was awesome.

Scott's work Western States sponsored a team for the St. Luke's 5k. We were T-WOW. This stood for The Women of Western. We had purple team shirts with our name on the back of them and white Cat hats. It was a blast. The St. Luke's Women's Celebration is huge and so amazing and fun to me. To have that many women in one place is crazy and fun. There is loud music, everybody is dancing and there is so much energy. There were around 13,000 women running, walking, or wheel chairing the 3.2 mile course. The Ages range from newborn to over 80 years old. AWESOME! It was a great race and my personal best this year. I ran it in 26 minutes and 4 seconds. Sadly to say I have no pictures for it because Scott wasn't even there. Not only did Scott get to go to the game but he went to the big Home Depot Game Day with ESPN. He dropped me off at the mall to catch the bus for the run and he headed to the stadium bright and early. Fun experience for him, I do which I could have gone with him though.

I better put in here somewhere Boise played Oregon State and of course they won. We were in the end zone and sat around some great people that made the game even better. Go Boise!




What is a football game without the band!


He is seriously having so much fun! It was great to see him so excited for like a month before we even went. It was like a kid at Christmas time. Love it!

It was fun to look up and for the most part have sections of blue, white, and orange. Let me tell you the people in Boise on game day are fun, insane, and crazy!

Here is just a little play action. I can't lie it was awesome.

It's not a great picture but they did have the BCS National Trophy there. Scott thought it was quite cool, I was indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment