Saturday, July 24, 2010

Milking


My nephew Logan lived with my parents for the Summer and milked over 100 head of cattle morning and night. He did this by himself. Totally time in the barn with milking, feeding, and cleaning up was about 10-12 hours a day. This is if all those girls cooperated. On the 24th of July I got up early to go help him so he could go to the parade on time. Wow, did it stink! At first it was taking me forever to get the milkers on and stay on. I was putting one on by the time Logan had put on 4. I'm sure he was thinking I was going to just slow him up rather than speed him up. I got the hang of it and we had quite the system going. We milked in record time. We started at 5 AM and finished a little after 8:00 AM. We did make it to the parade in time but I think Logan slept through it anyway. Love you Logan!


3 comments:

  1. Well look at you miss milker girl!! What a sweet Aunt you are. So who's cows are they? I feel for the kid 10-12 hrs is way too long. It took us like 1 1/2 hrs - 2 and I thought I was going to die!! : ) Gotta love cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Calvin Lloyd's cows. Yes, that many hours a day was way tooo long. The poor kid had NO life what-so-ever. I was actually kind of fun for that 1 time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this ! ! !
    Love that you have new posts for me to read while I'm up nursing in the wee hours of the morning. Thanks for the entertainment to keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete