Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving, as everybody knows is on Thursday, but my wonderful family waited until Friday to celebrate. After a little drama at the hospital, I ended up having to work, or be on call, for Thanksgiving. UGH!!! No worries though, because that was my last shift there on the med/surg floor.

Scott, Ryver, and I went to my parents house on Thursday night. We had the big turkey dinner on Friday afternoon, after black Friday shopping, of course. All the traditions, turkey, ham, yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffed mushrooms, layered jello, and so much more. The layered jello is a tradition for Jeremy and Scott. As you can see from the pictures below, Jeremy and my Dad had ties on. Not really matching anything, but it's an inside joke that I'm not quite sure about. We tried to have a semi-fancy dinner. We had the tablecloth, goblets, real silverware and plates, but look at the picture closely. We have a plastic ocean spray bottle full of juice, and then there is Scott's Mountain Dew. We tried.

We all wrote what we were thankful for and read all of them after dinner. Payge was thankful for everything from the sun to the plates to her crayons. Why can't we all be that simple, right!


My Dad and his Turkey-he cooked 3 of them!


My Mom doing what she does best, and I mean that in a good way.


My wonderful Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment