Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


It has become a tradition to go Black Friday shopping. We have to go to Pocatello which is about 45 minutes away from my parents house. My sister Dawn, my Mom, and I got up at 3:30 to get ready and go! It's a good thing we are low maintenance girls. Dawn and I slept out in the front room in the lounge chairs because we didn't want to take the chance of waking the kids up. Scott and Jeremy were on kid duty. The longer the kids slept, the better.

Every year we laugh and can't believe we are up so early to go stand in line and get stampeded by crazy people. I think that is half the fun to just sit and watch. This year none of us really and anything we were crazy about, but it was still fun anyway.

We were on our way home by 10:30 and this is even after going grocery shopping at Costco! I have to admit, it wasn't the same this year without my big sister, Misty! She's the life of the party on Black Friday.

We can't forget the newspaper ads.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought you should have a comment on here. ;-) Why does no one comment on all your cute pictures?! Thanksgiving looked wonderful! And good job Scott on posing for all those pictures.

    I too went Black Friday shopping, but didn't see much to go for and wondered why I was out so early. But a morning shopping trip w/o kids is still a morning shopping trip w/o kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one crazy lady! Did you need a nap that day? I've learned to enjoy online shopping to avoid crowds. Glad you get to live close and play with your family.

    ReplyDelete