Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The BIG project!

Scott and I became homeowners again last October. Along with a nice house it came with 3 huge pine trees. I'm pretty sure that they never were trimmed or taken care of for 30+ years. That's about the age of the home. So we decided to try and cut them back so we could walk under them and have more of a yard. Well the pictures below are just the front yard. What a mess we have created. After numerous trips to the dump with truck loads of branches, the cutting is finished. Now the mess really begins. There is close to a foot of pine cones, pine needles, and mulch around the base of the tree. We have taken the 4-wheeler with a plow on it to begin putting it in piles. It's never ending. I hope by the end of summer I can post a final picture with it all finished and maybe with grass growing? Don't hold me to it! Keep in mind we have 2 more of these in the back yard!





No comments:

Post a Comment