Friday, March 13, 2009

A Fishing We Will Go!


We finally made it down for a weekend of fun to my parent's house, or as I call it, God's country. Of course we couldn't go down there without going ice fishing. This is my Dad's favorite past time since being retired. It was a lot of fun for everybody but me. I dressed Ryver in multiple layers to stay warm, because I think there is nothing more miserable than being cold. Well I guess I didn't go well prepared, because I froze to death. Seriously it was sooooo cold. But I sucked it up for about 4 hours. We caught 6 fish. The limit on Chesterfield is 2 a piece anyway. So I guess you could call it a success. Ryver had fun in the snow and following his Dad around. He loves to copy anything and everything anybody does especially his Mom and Dad. He wasn't very fond of the fish that would flip flop around but did get brave enough to touch one. He was pretty proud to have his own pole and drag his fish over to Grandpa.

1 comment:

  1. Ice fishing. . . what kind of crazy sport is that. Do you see how bundled up you have to get? I can understand sledding, but standing on ice in the cold. . . crazy!! So how was Chesterfield? I haven't been there in forever it looked nice and cold just like I remember. Anyway, I'm glad you had success it made the cold worth it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete